Known for relentless, artist-driven guitar innovation and craftsmanship, Fender guitars and basses continue to be the gold standard played by more artists and professional musicians on stages and in studios around the world. While today’s artists and stars shred on stage and explore sonic creativity in sessions, the next generation of creators is just beginning their musical journey and Fender has developed the perfect tools to support their success.
Fender has revealed a Spring/Summer 2022 product lineup catering to eager new players, as well as collectors and tone aficionados. These product transformations continue Fender’s mission to serve artists and players at every stage of their musical journey with industry-elevating innovation and craftsmanship. From stage-ready takes on classics to the perfect companion Squier® guitar for beginners, new additions span several product categories – from electrics to amplifiers, pedals and other accessories…
2022 NEW PRODUCT INTRODUCTIONS
Paramount® Series Acoustic Guitars ($399.99 – $829.99 USD, £339.00 – £649.00 GBP, €399.00 – €749.00 EUR, $899.00-$1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY)
The Paramount® Series Acoustic Guitars, available in Dreadnaught, Orchestra, and Parlour body shapes combine state-of-the-art craftsmanship with vintage-inspired appointments and deliver the best of both worlds. Built with the choice of a solid spruce or solid mahogany top paired with solid mahogany back and sides, the series features an offset X-bracing pattern that has been carefully refined to optimize resonance and tone. All models come loaded with hardshell cases, and Fender & Fishman-designed pickups, including a body-sensing pickup that enhances the soundboard’s vibrations and updated cosmetics such as snowflake-shaped pearloid fingerboard inlays, feathered purfling, rosette, backstrip and a black or tigerstripe pickguard. Available in 3-Color Vintage Sunburst, Natural or Aged Cognac Burst.
- Paramount® PD-220E Dreadnought guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR,$1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) The Paramount® PD-220E Dreadnought comes with a brand-new Fender Fishman-designed Sonitone Plus pickup with soundhole-mounted controls. The PD-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® PO-220E Orchestra guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR,$1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) The Paramount® PO-220E Orchestra comes with a Fender Fishman-designed pickup that amplifies the warm, mid-focused tone of the newly designed orchestra body shape. The PO-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® PS-220E Parlor guitar with case ($829.99 USD, £649.00 GBP, €749.00 EUR,$1799.00 AUD, ¥132,000 JPY) A Fender- and Fishman-designed pickup amplifies the tight, articulate tone of the Paramount® PS-220E Parlor’s newly designed parlor body shape. The PS-220E also features an ovangkol bridge and 14-fret fingerboard, slim-taper mahogany neck, bone nut and saddle.
- Paramount® Series PB-180E Banjo ($449.99 USD, £339.00 GBP, €399.00 EUR, $999.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PB-180E Banjo is perfect for the player looking for a traditional styled banjo with functional modern appointments. This model features a mahogany rim and neck with a Remo Fiberskyn head and comes equipped with proprietary Fishman electronics to amplify the sound. Other features include a comfortable neck profile, walnut fingerboard with snowflake inlays, arm rest, genuine bone nut and gig bag.
- Paramount® Series PM-180E Mandolin ($399.99 USD, £339.00 GBP, €399.00 EUR, $899.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PM-180E Mandolin features a spruce top, mahogany “A”- style body and parallel tone bar bracing for a bright, clear tone. It comes equipped with a Fishman pickup ideal for sitting perfectly in the mix with a full band or small acoustic ensemble for those looking to plug in. Other features include a comfortable neck profile, walnut fingerboard with snowflake inlays, open-gear tuners with pearloid buttons, genuine bone nut and gig bag. ● Paramount® Series PR-180E Resonator ($549.99 USD, £549.00 GBP, €599.00 EUR, $1199.00 AUD) The Paramount® Series PR-180E Resonator offers excellent versatility for traditional and modern music styles, with exemplary acoustic and amplified tone. The all-mahogany construction creates the perfect sonic balance between warmth and clarity for fingerstyle play, while the spider resonating cone provides superior sustain for the quintessential bluegrass sound. Long-favored by top resonator artists, the PR-180E is equipped with a Fishman Nashville pickup system for the most accurate representation of its natural acoustic voice. Other features include dual F-hole soundholes, a comfortable neck profile, ovangkol fingerboard with snowflake inlays, a genuine bone nut and a hardshell case.
Available February and April 2022.
ABOUT FENDER MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS CORPORATION:
Since 1946, Fender has revolutionized music and culture as one of the world’s leading musical instrument manufacturers, marketers and distributors. Fender Musical Instruments Corporation (FMIC)–whose portfolio of owned and licensed brands includes Fender®, Squier®, Gretsch® guitars, Jackson®, EVH®, Charvel®, Bigsby® and PreSonus® –follows a player-centric approach to crafting the highest-quality instruments and digital experiences across genres. Since 2015, Fender’s digital arm has introduced a new ecosystem of products and interactive experiences to accompany players at every stage of their musical journey. This includes innovative apps and learning platforms designed to complement Fender guitars, amplifiers, effects pedals, accessories and pro-audio gear, and inspire players through an immersive musical experience. FMIC is dedicated to unlocking the power of musical expression for all players, from beginners to history-making legends. In 2021, Fender celebrated 75 years of giving artists “wings to fly,” carrying on the vision of its founder, Leo Fender, and connecting players through a shared love of music.