Here’s Ben Morgan-Brown reviewing a duo of Glen Campbell Signature Models from Ovation Guitars:
- Non cutaway, slim-body 1627 VL4GC
- Cutaway, mid-depth 1771 VL1GC
With both models featuring…
- AA grade Sitka Spruce tops,
- Ovation scalloped x bracing,
- vintage brown Lyrachord bodies,
- 5-piece mahogany/maple necks with Pau Ferro fingerboards,
- 642mm scale length,
- 42.8mm nut width,
- Ovation OCP1K pick-ups,
- vintage SKM pre-amps with volume & tone control
- included Ovation gig-bag.
Ovation says…“The Glen Campbell Signature acoustic electric guitar features a vintage style, shallow, Lyrachord® body designed after those used on early Ovations from the ’60s and ’70s. The shallow body provides strong midrange punch and cuts through the mix with clarity and articulation, while the natural finish, AAA Sitka spruce top and durable, composite, round back construction combine to offer a sonic experience ideal for stage and studio alike. Outstanding string-to-string balance is the hallmark of original Ovation designs and the slim profile makes this a comfortable guitar. A contemporary version of the perfectly placed, retro single knob, volume and tone controls make this guitar a stage workhorse.”
Find out Ben’s thoughts in the video above!!
If you’ve enjoyed this video, please subscribe to our YouTube Channel and click on the bell icon to be notified as soon as each new video is launched. You can also follow us on our social channels: